I was thinking about creating a 0-level character generator for the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG, but the good mages over at Purple Sorcerer Games have already done a bang-up job. You simply choose whether you want Hard-mode or Power-mode 0-level characters and voila, you get a spiffy PDF with four characters, replete with stats, occupation, lucky roll and gear. Alternatively, you can roll up level 1 characters to get past the “Peasant Golf” style action.
Additionally, the company is Kickstarting its DCC Companion App for iPad and Android tablets, which looks like a great addition to any table.
Crawler’s Companion Features
- Funky Dice Roller: D3-D100 and everything in between
- Critical Hit Charts: All player and monster charts
- Failure Charts: Fumbles, corruptions, misfires, deity disapproval!
- Rules Reference: Many topics available for quick reference.
- Spell Reference and Resolution: Yep, they’re all there!
- Multiple Modes: Have the program roll for you, or use it to quickly reference the charts based on your own physical dice rolling
I’m considering throwing $10 at it for beta access and a free module, or maybe $20 for access and three modules. Check it out if that’s your cup of tea.