It’s not often that I promote other people’s Kickstarters, but this one is near and dear to my heart as a woman in the gaming industry. Check it out, pass it on, and perhaps even back it if it means something to you.
A compilation of essays by women in the tabletop games industry about past and current struggles and secrets & tips for new designers.
Our chapter topics include:
- Anecdotes or stories about being a woman in the game industry
- Advice for women on overcoming challenges women face in this field
- Advice for men on how to make inclusion a reality in our great industry
- Glass ceilings, male co-worker dealings, and general inequality of women in the field
- Creating balanced game design for both men and women
- Why games are important for girls
- Dealing with “fake geek” or “real gamer” comments when playing games (or just existing) in mixed company
- Two words: Booth Babes.
- Female representation in games
- Being taken seriously as a professional in a male-dominated category
- Tips on getting your foot in the door at a game company
- The pros and cons of Games “for girls”
- and so much more!